• Own and lead new board designs, qualifications, from start to finish or iterate on existing designs based on new feature requests, lessons learned, and DFM/DFT.
• Design and develop schematic & layout for complex analog/digital/mixed signal solutions.
• Identify, verify and document that the components involved in the new system meets the applicable requirements in terms of EMC, Safety, Environmental and homologation.
• Work closely with other cross-functional engineering teams including mechanical, software, and firmware, in Toronto and overseas to support the development of the complete solution.
• Plan and perform board bring-up and data bring-up testing for new PCBA performance validation.
• Stay up to date with the most recent technological advancements in power, data, and instrumentation techniques to apply to future product developments.
• Have previous hardware design and upbring experience.
• Are comfortable and thrive in the ambiguity of a fast-growing company. This includes being able to transform product sketches into working technology, as well as working in an environment with a very short technical backlog.
• Are resourceful and self-sufficient when it comes to execution. You can identify, prioritize, solve issues, and make things happen. You do not wait for help or permission.
• Are a builder, who gets excited about building products that no one has ever built before, and you are comfortable to fail quickly, learn, and iterate along the way.
• Have experience solving open-ended problems.
• Have a strong business sense. You can foresee potential issues and solve them proactively.
• Possess a strong interest in commercializing clean technologies and a strong sense of purpose towards achieving climate decarbonization goals.
• A BSc, MSc, or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a similar field.
• Solid understanding of SMPS, ADCs/DACs, microprocessors, FPGAs & DSPs.
• Experience with PCB schematics and microelectronic device datasheets.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to document work.
Pulsenics is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly believe that the diversity of our employees is one of our greatest assets, and, to that end, are committed to fostering an inclusive and welcoming work environment.
All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status are encouraged to apply.
If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.